10 min. 15 min.
Another rainy Sunday morning and I open up the fridge to see what I can make. Simple enough, this is what I came up with. I also paired it up with a glass of fresh Apple Cider after some up from Russels Orchards in MA yesterday.
- 2 eggs (used 1 yolk only)
- 2oz of Grilled Chicken Breast (cubed)
- Scallions & Sliced red onions
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil
- In a bowl, beat 2 large eggs (I only used one yolk) until foamy. Add 1 pinch of red pepper flakes, 2 grinds of black pepper 1 pinch of scallions & sliced onions together.
- Set a 10-to-12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and use a paper towel to spread the oil evenly across the pan. When the oil heats (after about a minute), pour the eggs straight into the middle of the pan. As soon as the egg starts to form, drop the heat to low, add the cubed chicken on top and let the eggs cook (for about 2 minutes). Then place a lid over the skillet (for about a minute) to let the steam cook the top portion of the eggs.
- Once the egg is cooked, turn off the heat, and gently transfer it to a plate.
- Finally, drizzle Sriracha sauce over the egg, garnish the top with a sprinkle of scallions and onion, and breakfast is served!
It was delicious and hit the spot. Hope you all enjoy!